Registered Renal Dietitian
|May 03, 2011 - June 03, 2011|
|Location:||Lubbock, TX, TX|
|Benefits:||401k employer matching|
|Employment Type:||Per Diem|
|Location:||Kidney Center of Lubbock (Lubbock, TX)|
|Description:||Registered Renal Dietitian|
Kidney Center of Lubbock located in Lubbock, TX is currently seeking a Registered Renal Dietitian w/AT LEAST 1 year EXPERIENCE in Dialysis, Candidate MUST HAVE 1 YEAR EXPERIENCE WORKING AS A DIETITIAN. CANDIDATE MUST ALSO BE REGISTERED, This is a PER DIEM position 8-16 hours per week.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please see the great career opportunities we offer below. If you are interested in joining this Fun and Innovative Team; Please apply below or fax resumes to: 562.495.8081
· Competitive Salary with increases based on production.
· 401K with employer matching.
· Professional staff and work environment.
. Paid time off
Kidney Center of Lubbock is a member of the Innovative Dialysis Systems Network.
The IDS network includes 47 facilities in 7 states and 4 in Guam.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is IDS goal to provide total administrative support to our nurses, dieticians, social workers & physicians, ensuring their valuable time is used to provide the highest quality of health care.
For more information on career opportunities at Kidney Center of Lubbock and other facilities in the IDS network family please visit our website at: http://www.idsdialysis.com/
|Duties:||The statements below describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this role. They are not intended to be a complete list of all duties, and additional responsibilities may be delegated as required.|
1. Orient new patient and family member or significant other as appropriate to nutritional care for the dialysis patient.
a. Performs an initial nutritional component to the Interdisciplinary Assessment and Care Plan for each new ESRD patient within 30 days of admission or 90 days for transfers. Instructs the patient and family member or significant other in diet restrictions as prescribed by the physician. Ensures that the ESRD patient understands the prescribed diet.
b. Encourages the patient to comply with the diet as prescribed while teaching the patient the significance of outcomes relative to on-going health and stability.
c. Cooperates with attending physicians in ongoing evaluation of patients' nutritional needs and recommends necessary changes in therapeutic diets
d. Works with other team members in making necessary arrangements for nutritional support (e.g. meals on wheels, nutritional supplements).
e. Educates patients and their families on an on-going basis regarding elements of prescribed diets based on lab outcome data and other physiological parameters.
f. Monitors and documents adherence and response to diets; particular emphasis is placed on outcome measures relevant to nutritional status.
a. Responsible for making entries in the patient's medical record in accordance with the requirements as established in the Medicare Conditions of Coverage as a minimum.
b. Care Plans are reviewed at least annually for stable patients and monthly for unstable patients. The Care Plan must be developed within 15 days of the Interdisciplinary Assessment.
3. Communication with Others
a. Attends patient care conferences and staff meetings on a regular basis
b. Participates as a member of the facility's Continuous Quality Improvement committee.
c. Participates, when necessary, in individual patient-family conferences, along with the Medical Director or attending physician and social worker.
d. Conducts in-service training for dialysis staff and patient education programs as necessary.
4. Other duties as assigned.
Employees must consistently exhibit behaviors that enhance professional conduct and reflect the mission, standards of conduct and business ethics, work rules, values and philosophy of Innovative Dialysis Systems.
1. TECHNICAL/PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE: Achieving satisfactory level of technical and professional skill and knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise; ensuring that all employees under the supervision of the Area Technical Manager maintain an appropriate level of professional skills, knowledge and familiarity with current technical trends.
2. COMMUNICATION/TEAMWORK: Works effectively with others toward common goals. Uses effective communication strategies with co-workers to achieve acceptable outcomes and resolve issues.
3. QUALITY OF WORK: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
4. PATIENT FOCUS: Effectively meeting patients needs; building productive patient relationships; taking the responsibility for patient satisfaction.
5. CONFIDENTIALITY: Maintains confidentiality of patient medical and personal information.
6. SAFETY: Demonstrates knowledge of and follows safety practices. Understands the importance of safety in the workplace.
7. DEPENDABILITY/RELIABILITY: Accepts assignments willingly and ensures thorough and timely completion with minimum supervision. Adapts to changes in workload and job demands to maintain goals. Meets attendance and punctuality expectations.
8. ETHICS/INTEGRITY: Demonstrates the ability to conduct business processes in a fair manner, compliant with company and regulatory agencies policies and requirements.
|Qualifications:|| Registered Dietitian with the Commission on Dietetic Registration|
Minimum one year clinical experience as a Registered Dietitian
Licensed in states where licensure is available.
Physical: Essential functions
Requires long periods of standing and walking, as well as frequently sitting.
Finger and hand dexterity adequate to handle and manipulate keyboarding, telephone systems.
Hearing and vision acuity adequate to communicate with patients and their family members.
Able to alter plans/routines when unexpected, stressful situations and multiple interruptions occur without projecting stress/frustrations that would adversely affect the work environment.
Maintains professionalism and confidentiality with socially challenging situations and problems.
Notify and offer immediate solutions for potential threatening, belligerent, or emotional situations involving disconcerted employees, patients and/or patient families.
Able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously in an efficient and calm manner.
Exposure to chemicals used within the facility (Renalin, Bleach and Acidified Concentrate; refer to MSDS for other chemicals used within the facility).
Exposure to blood and other potentially infectious materials (ongoing training provided for employee safety).
|Click Here to Download Complete Job Description|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.